Monday, January 23, 2006

Meme and Moya

Happy Belated 100th Birthday to Robert E. Howard!

I've been tagged by Mahesh Raj Mohan for the "Five Weird Habits" meme.

The Rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits" and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You have been tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

1) I will eat, or try, almost any food. Just ask my family and friends, I’m a voracious eater. However, two foods make me want to vomit – grapefruits and Swiss cheese.

2) I’ve been going to the gym, working out a few times a week for about 8 or 9 years now. In that time, I’ve gone to 3 of the gyms on the Rutgers campuses, and I’ve had three gym memberships. One thing has annoyed me to no end at all of these gyms – when people pick up the dumbbells and do their sets right in front of the whole rack of weights, blocking that section of weights from anybody else who wants to use them. It is rude and inconsiderate, and I always secretly wish those people would drop the dumbbells on their toes.

3) Whenever I’m drinking a bottle of beer, I almost always peel off the label. I give myself extra points for peeling it off in one piece.

4) I never use the urinal in the men’s bathroom, unless it is an absolutely painful bladder emergency. I’ll go in the toilet stall and close the door. Color me crazy for not wanting to stand less than a foot away from a wall of pee.

5) I often use the cap of a pen to clean the wax out of my ears. Q-tips just don’t cut it.

I’m tagging Nate, Nimea, Joe, Pat, and Tom.

And remember, GO JOIN/VOTE at SFFWORLD for your favorite FSF book of 2005!

You scored as Moya (from Farscape). You are surrounded by muppets. But that is okay because they are your friends and have shown many times that they can be trusted. Now if only you could stop being bothered about wormholes.


Coming on December 1, 2005:

Your Ultimate Sci-Fi Profile: which sci-fi crew would you best fit in? The Sequel


Moya (from Farscape)

94%

SG-1 (from Stargate)

88%

Serenity (from Firefly)

81%

Nebuchadnezzar (from The Matrix)

69%

Millennium Falcon (from Star Wars)

56%

Galactica (from Battlestar: Galactica)

56%

Enterprise D (from Star Trek)

31%

Bebop (from Cowboy Bebop)

31%

Which sci-fi crew would you best fit in? v1.0
created with QuizFarm.com


That works, I guess. I loved FarScape and I'm having a lot of fun re-watching the show on DVD with Mrs. Blog o' Stuff, you can't go wrong with the Henson Creature Shop. Stargate SG-1? Eh, I watch it now and again, it's OK, though I'd rather be on Serenity, especially with Inarra.

No comments: